Good day everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!
It’s been a while since I’ve posted (seems like I say that every time). My schedule is beyond busy. But I mean if you say you aren’t busy, you’re either lying or you’re doing it wrong. Now, I am not saying you have to do everything under the sun (I’m guilty of trying to do that constantly lol) and I’m not saying you have to make sure to complain and complain loud enough so others know you’re busy. That’s not it at all! Being active and doing something with your life is very important. It is healthy to try and better yourself in some sort of way everyday. Everyday we wake up, it’s another chance to be a better person than you were yesterday. And that’s a personal goal of mine. Life is a roller coaster but with the help of Jesus, He will see me through my hills and my valleys.
Wow! What a joyous time it is! A great time to get together with family, friends, and loved ones to share stories, laughs, memories, and nourishment (through food and spirit). Most of you know one of the places I work is at a gym and a lot of what I discuss with people about besides exercise is food. So you know all I heard was about the FEASTS: TURKEY, HAM, CHICKEN, DRESSING, COLLARD GREENS, CASSEROLES, DESSERTS, etc. And I joined in too, let’s not get it twisted! I am not a small person and I did not get my size from being a picky eater. HA! But believe it or not, that’s all I’m going to say about food.
Everyday we need to be thankful. Now, I love it when I see thankful posts during this time; it warms my heart. My point is, we don’t have to wait until this time. Because obviously, we live and events happen during the other parts of the year too! We are all blessed. If you are reading this, you are blessed and I hope you are blessed by these words. I am just speaking from the heart and what I’m being lead to tell by God. As you get ready to partake in the holiday today, take a couple of minutes when you are able and think about what you are truly thankful for. Here are mine:
- I am thankful for Jesus, our Savior that I serve and long to get to know even better everyday. I am not perfect and thankfully, He doesn’t expect me to be. He just wants me to be faithful.
- I am thankful for my family, blood and not related. I am blessed with a caring immediate and extended family. I can’t wait to see a bunch of them in a few hours! It’s just a wonderful time.
- I am thankful for my friends. Some of them feel like family; who I can talk to about pretty much anything. I got to chat/text with some of them AND I get to see some of them this week as well! YAY!
- I am thankful for the relationships I am able to build with people I work with, students I help teach, and others I speak with one day and may not see ever again. I pray that they see the light of the Lord shining through me.
- I am thankful for this new relationship. I believe it is special, beautiful, and faithful. I pray everyday that it is kept honorable and favorable in God’s eyes. That’s the other way it will work.
- I am thankful for my gifts, skills, and talents I’ve been blessed with. I pray that I will use them to glorify Jesus and to not be prideful. I ask for strength, patience, and knowledge so that I won’t let my pride get in the way of anything special and dear to me.
My prayer today: Lord Jesus, I thankful for everything. I am thankful for Your grace and mercy. I thankful for the people, Your people on this earth. Continue to guide us in our time of joy, turmoil, uncertainty, assurance, and other situations. Bless those who are seeking You, bless those who are not, for one day I pray they will. Thank You for family, young and old, related and unrelated. For those who don’t have a place of residence, I pray that they find shelter and grace. And lastly, I pray You will continue to shine through Your followers Lord. Light so bright that it shines through all the evil of this world.
In Your name I pray and thank Thee, AMEN!
May God Bless You and Keep You!